With a background in visual merchandising, home decorating and design, Dean and Adam know a thing or two about creating a flawless home. Building their second home with Boutique was a choice stemming from quality and functionality as much as aesthetics. Looking at house and land packages in Melbourne, Adam and Dean were first and foremost looking for a home design that had a clever use of space.
‘We always wanted to build a larger home to suit our lifestyle of entertaining family and friends,’ explains Adam. ‘So we were looking for a home design that would accommodate a large living area, with good sized rooms for a gym, guest bedroom and separate office.’
Coming across Boutique Homes and the reputation as premium home builders in Melbourne, Adam and Dean were impressed with the build standard, quality and attention to detail of Boutique’s display homes.
‘The standard premium inclusions were good and we found we could focus our money on upgrades that were important to us,’ says Adam.
For the couple, room to move, plenty of natural light and ample storage were key, making the Chelsea 26 design choice an easy one.
While small in footprint, the Chelsea’s hallway integrates their theatre, kitchen and dining rooms, while the open plan kitchen and living areas allow plenty of room for entertaining guests.
‘The Chelsea also provides a walk-in pantry and linen press, and the master walk-in-robe was large enough for us to design a bespoke wardrobe,’ adds Adam.
The Chelsea’s simplistic and clean design meant the pair could leave their personal signature on the interiors.
‘Our style blends mid-century modern and retro with a sense of luxury, all whilst having a welcoming masculine feel,’ says Adam. ‘We wanted to style our home in a way that reflects who we are.’
What to expect from the build journey
Excellent communication and understanding by the Boutique team was the cornerstone of an enjoyable build process for Adam and Dean. From sale to handover, the pair experienced excellent customer service and a personalised touch.
‘Our site supervisor, understood we were particular with our build, being our second home,’ recalls Adam. ‘Our favourite part of the build was seeing the home at frame stage, as you’re given a sense of space.’
‘The showroom selection stage was also great when you are picking your fittings, colours and design choices,’ he added.
Thinking about building your next home?
Here are Adam and Dean’s top tips for a smooth process:
1. When choosing a builder: look for a company that provides exceptional customer service, as you will be in constant contact with them. Do your research, read widely and listen closely to recommendations, particularly builder reviews.
2. Consider upgrades: Think about upgrades that will enhance your life and home, and does the home design suit the block?
3. Be practical in your colour choices: Consider how the space is used. Timeless colours work best in your kitchen and wet areas, as these can be expensive areas to change in the future. Introduce bolder design and colour in your accent pieces, art and furniture.
4. Be patient and organised: These two qualities will make dealing with your bank, local council and builder much easier.
5. Make build decisions that will last: Keep in mind that you’ll likely be in your new home for many years. It’s important the design suits your lifestyle wants and needs – now and into the future.
To learn more about the Chelsea home design, click here.
Have you found ‘The One’?
Photos by @hausofcruze