Boutique Homes Knockdown Rebuild customers Andrew and Katrina outside their Airlie 33.
Do you love your suburb, your street and your current lifestyle – but perhaps not your house?
It’s common for people to love the location of their house, but the house they were once so pleased to move into has become tired and outdated or their growing family needs increased space.
The good news is that building a brand-new home on an existing block has never been easier!
Starting afresh, you can take advantage of today’s latest design trends, particularly in relation to kitchens and bathrooms, where there has been the biggest adjustments to function and style over the last few decades.
It might be that your old home consists of a maze of smaller rooms linked by dark corridors – and you desire an open plan design with light and space, where the kitchen is the hub of the house and the centre of activity.
Or it could be that your ceilings are low and you’d love a home with high walls that increase the light and feeling of space. Or perhaps you crave more storage options or separate zoning between parents and children’s areas.
With sustainable living on everyone’s lips, it may also be the case that an energy efficient home is right up your street. Maybe one with sustainable characteristics such as water saving devices, solar hot water, improved insulation, smarter appliances and passive solar design with a cross ventilation system to take advantage of cooling breezes.
And the great thing is that, at the same time as you build, you can also plan your landscaping requirements and transform your old back yard into a contemporary and attractive outdoor living area – perhaps one where the swimming pool is in exactly the right location!
So consider changing your house today – and not your street or suburb.
For more benefits of a knockdown rebuild project with Boutique Homes, consider the following additional reasons for building a new home:
- Maintain the equity in your land - homes older than 40 years old are fully depreciated and are usually located in older suburbs where land values have continued to appreciate
- Avoid moving costs from buying established and the additional expenses of paying stamp duty and agent fees
- Extending or Renovating is at least double the cost per square metre than re-building
- Clearing your current block creates the perfect blank canvass to create a new home which complements your lifestyle
- Houses built in the last four decades or beyond are not designed for contemporary living and are often poorly orientated with no consideration for solar orientation
- Double lock up garages and security have since become a high priority than when older homes were designed and built
- Open plan living is the emphasis on contemporary living and functional designer kitchens become the centre showpiece of the home
- Outdoor has become an essential ingredient for the way we entertain today
- Fixtures, fittings and materials available for selection have significantly improved for functionality and there are endless choices to suit your preferences and style
- Energy efficiency and sustainable design is factored into contemporary home designs
Our specialised team are on hand to offer obligation-free advice on your current property, or help you search for the right opportunity to knockdown rebuild in your preferred area.
To learn more, click here.
Have you found ‘The One’?